Friday, July 18, 2008
posted by Steve at 7:04 AM
This week has been "life changing" for me. I started a blog, created a face@book page, and am compiling a reading log of all the books I have ever read and how many pages they contain. I started my list by pulling out 2 full boxes of books and putting them into a spreadsheet. Kristen couldn't help but shake her head and comment on how anal I was. I really don't see the problem, I love to read and a reading log sounds like a good idea I wish I would have started it long ago. Unfortunately there are a lot of books I have read multiple times in the past that I can only log once because I can't accurately count how many times they were read. My son Aaron was super supportive of my endeavor and decided to start his own reading log. Kristen, bless her mixed up self, completely supports Aaron. Go figure.

Last night when I was inputting more books into my list Kristen was being ever helpful and told me to put down the one that most people read in school about the mice and whoever. I replied "Of Mice & Men"? She said yes. Unfortunately I have never read that book, but I did read "The Mouse & the Motorcycle" when I was a kid.
 



3 Clever Comment(s):


At July 18, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Blogger Kristen

:)
Who didn't have to read Of Mice and Men in high school??? It's actually one of the books I HAD to read that I think I actually enjoyed. Strange.

Side note: I can't figure out how to delete the second "post comment".

 

At July 18, 2008 at 9:32 PM, Blogger Kristen

I just love your blog so much, that I keep checking back to see if anything has changed in the hour since I last checked..but alas, it's just the same...just the way I left it...with the double "post comment" and everything.......... Please please tell your friends you have a blog so I don't have to talk to myself in the comments..

PS...the word verification is a little like a sobriety test....I failed the first one, hopefully I pass this time...

 

At July 23, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Blogger Steve 'n Marie

Welcome to the secret society of blogging where people think no one is reading ,great idea your reading list. a father son activity. Keep up the creativity.